Australian Open In February: Report

2020 Australian Open Singles Singles Champion Novak Djokovic Photo: VCG

The beginning of the Australian Open will be delayed until February 8 due to coronavirus prevention measures, a newspaper reported, as negotiations the arrival of the players and quarantine in Melbourne continued Wednesday

International actors would be authorized by the Government of Victoria State to arrive from 15 to 17 January, According to detailed plans observed by daily French sports the team, which means the first Grand Slam of the year will be delayed by three weeks.

The proposals would allow players to train for a mandatory quarantine period of 14 days.

Tennis Australia do not commentDo not have the report on Wednesday, which has arrived one day after CEO Craig Tile said that arrangements for the original tournament scheduled for 18 to 31 January would be revealed soon.

“We are convinced that we will be able to finalize the details of the Australian Open 2021 very very soon,” Tile has tweeted Tuesday

“Everything should be appropriate and Agreement of the Victorian Government Before it can be confirmed, “he added.

TILEY originally wanted players flying from mid-December so that they could suffer about forty before playing events. ‘traditional warm-up before the Grand Slam.

But the state Prime Minister Dan Andrews would have been only players to arrive from the beginning of January – rendering Impossible to play accumulation events before the original start date.

Andrews said on Wednesday that he remained committed to hold the tournament, but the security was paramount in a state that has recently emerged from a month lock to eliminate a second wave of Covid-19.

“Only the Australian Open is a tennis tournament in a city where it can be assumed that these players will bring the virus here,” he told reporters from Melbourne.
[ 123] A start date of February 8 for the Australian opening could allow a week of warm-up tournaments after the players emerge from the forty, but would probably mean the man’s flagship cup of man would be among the events accumulation that doeswill be discarded in 2021.

Twenty-Time Grand Chelam Champion Rafael Nadal last month said it was an unprecedented situation and urged the patience of the players as they an expected confirmation when they could Be able to go to Australia.

“It’s difficult for E” 123]
“We need to be flexible to understand the situation and find a way to play as many tournaments as soon as possible.”

]


Related articles: